I joined Lee at 19th Doncaster Beer Festival last Saturday, a pretty laid-back afternoon meeting new people and drinking lots of ale. Lovely to see Jerry again, and meet Rachel among others.
- Mallinson’s P A H (4.1%)
- Great Oakley Wagtail (3.9%)
- Grafters Brewer’s Troop (4.1%)
- Rudgate Ruby Mild (4.4%)
- Captain Cook Slipway (4.2%)
- Empire Parliamentary Expenses (3.9%)
- Great Gable Brown Tongue (5.2%)
- Dark Tribe Admiral Sydney Smith (3.8%)
- Idle West Coopers (4.3%)
- Old Mill Aviator’s Ale (4.3%)
- And finally, Flying Dog Dogtoberfest (5.3%), a German-style seasonal beer from the USA from the continental bar.
To be fair, pickings were sparse when I got there around 3pm – once again it seemed that Doncaster CAMRA didn’t order in enough beer so I had to be guided a bit in my choices by what was still available.
Particularly interesting was spending an hour or so with one of the brewers from Acorn Brewery in Barnsley, who do my favourite session ale ‘Barnsley Bitter’. Congrats to them who won the ‘Mild Of The Festival’ award.
Photos of the event are here.
Leave a Reply