Chocolate Mousse Pots
- 30g unsalted butter, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate in pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 25g caster sugar
- 1tbsp rum
- Bring water to boil in a pan and reduce the heat until the water is simmering. Suspend a pyrex bowl over the water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water or bottom!). Add the butter and dark chocolate and stir until melted, smooth, and combined but still shiny. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until nearly white and thick in consistency.
- Gently stir the whisked yolks into the butter and chocolate, then add the rum.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed, then gently fold them into the chocolate mixture, until just combined.
- Transfer the mousse to small cups or ramekins and chill in the fridge.
- They’ll take about an hour or two to set.
- Sprinkle finely grated chocolate over the top to garnish, or use candied orange peel.