- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 – 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp chopped or dried mint (or dill)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Peel cucumber, cut in half lengthways and de-seed using a teaspoon, then coarsely grate.
- Put grated cucumber into a sieve suspended over a bowl, sprinkle over 1/2 tsp of salt and mix through. Place a plate on top of cucumber and allow cucumber to drain for approximately 1 hour, or until water stops dripping (whichever is first).
- Combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- The flavours combine better if given time so I prefer to leave it in a sealed container in the refrigerator overnight.