One of my more recent contracts is implementing software which talks to a number of telephony companies. This is after all the age of so-called web2.0, thus I think that having an API I can talk to isn’t asking too much.
Therefore, please can I request that:
- You drag your arse into the 21st century and get rid of the FTP job drop-directory. I worked with this sort of crap using DJCICS in 1994 and it wasn’t any fun then either.
- You learn to speak English when writing error messages I need to parse. Really. (Hint: it’s ‘entered’, not ‘enterred’.)
- When you do implement something using ebXML, you maybe want to make sure that your example ebXML validates against your own schema before releasing it.
- Maybe you’d like to provide a test environment too. Something like Datacash provide for their PSP services, where you get defined responses for some things and undefined responses for others. That way I can avoid disconnecting my boss’s line, or waiting for real-world cases before I can test software.
- You don’t move the sodding goalposts and change the way something works without announcing it.
That way, I might be able to get out of here without any more grey hairs today.
Love and kisses,
Leave a Reply